Sunday, August 24, 2008

Big Ten coaches rated..

Ok I will point you to this article and you can decide for yourself if they are all wet or not.

Let me share my criticisms after scanning through the 1-119 listing.

1. It is inconsistant. In some cases coaches get great ratings for leading a turnaround for a program in other cases they do not. How does Ron Zook rank 51? I guess maybe due to the Florida job? He is ranked below Charlies Weis...COME ON!!

2. First time head coaches getting any kind of ranking...how does Bill Stewart of West Virginia get ranked above anyone

3. Brett Bielema 21st? Seems like a stretch given what he inherited vs a lot of other guys who started with less. That doesn't mean I don't think he has the potential to be a Top 20 coach.

Lastly, I have to beg to disagree with the Number 1 vs Number 2 choice although I will say all the Top Ten are pretty accomplished coaches.

You can see the story posted on Fox Sports

No comments: